Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day Two: Who am I?

So today I have been pondering who I am...the book asks me to think about character traits, back ground and physical appearance that I am struggling to accept. (and of course given the nature of this journey I must question how these things make me who I am , how do they make me stronger?)
 Character Traits:
I am stubborn, if I trust you and consider you a friend I will do anything for you..maybe even if it's not good for you. I will support you..If you have hurt me, well that's something I cannot easily forget and if I can remember it's nearly impossible to forgive. I can walk away from people..plain and simple no matter the history, relationship or any other factor. I do not know how or why I can do this, it hurts me to think I can be that cold.
Physical appearance:
Well I mean I would change a few things but it's nothing that gets in my way. I don't see someone I don't like when I look in the mirror..which isnt great for motivating myself to the gym but I am happy in my skin.
Background:
This is where it gets messy. I have seen good, bad and ugly in people that could make you sick. I have a hard time trusting people. I do not believe that anybody truly cares past what they need. I am insecure beyond what any of you may think. Anyway, I could bitch and moan about explain to you my relationships with my parents, their influences and the shit they put me through. I could tell you things that councilors just shake their heads at..poor thing. But I am over that, I can not and will not let any human being define me.
At this moment I find peace is the fact they did not create me the had me. I am not the flesh I was born to...and for that I thank God. I am not them. I am stable, loving and strong. I find peace knowing that there was a reason and it will help me with what is in store.

1 comment:

  1. Awe. This made me really sad. However, I'm happy you have come to realize this. I like how you said, "... they did not create me, they had me."

    Thank you so much for being my "parent" throughout my life. I seriously have no idea where I would be right now if I didn't have you in my life. I love you, Lydia.

    ReplyDelete