Monday, April 2, 2012

What is the point?!?

This is a question that has been bugging me for quite awhile. I mean seriously..what is the point? why I am I where I am at this moment? why did this happen? why did that happen? why do we go through this motion or that?  okay okay.. I know this sounds super cliche however, it is a valid question.
For example, Why do we go to work? Obviously we need to earn a paycheck to pay the bills but what else do you get from this? How do you touch the world? shape lives? I mean every body has the opportunity, right? An ounce of kindness goes a long way...I just began looking at my career and thought it is obvious I can help people through some pretty dark times but maybe I can do more...I know I can do more...but how? and what is the purpose? to give me a warm fuzzy feeling? Maybe..but I doubt it. I need to think bigger..smarter...deeper.
After letting this eat me up for awhile I started picking apart everything..I mean everything..from chores to volunteering..to friendships..to my marriage...what am i doing to make this great? because if it is not great...WHAT'S THE POINT??? well I have come to decide that the point is to be great! To help others be great! but by what standards? who decides?
This is a very overwhelming topic that I am scared to death to explore...but I must dig deeper.
I have found in order to dig I must reach..higher than I can alone..I need help. So I will pray..for the next 40 days I am going follow the "Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren and I will reflect, learn and most of all grow. I am excited (and admittedly a bit nervous) to find out..or at least begin to discover, why.

No comments:

Post a Comment